My spouse is using drugs. Will he be able to visit the children after the divorce?

Each case is unique, and the answer depends on the individual circumstances of your case. The first thing you want to do is file a “Motion for Drug Screen” with the court to determine if your spouse is, in fact, using drugs. If he tests positive, the court can take several actions including:

  • Deny possession
  • Grant limited possession that is supervised
  • Require that your spouse submit to a drug test prior to each visit

In cases where the court does not find that the drug use would have a negative effect on the children, visitation may be granted in accordance with the Texas Standard Possession Order.?

Go to Trusler Legal PLLC - ?Divorce Lawyers.

Cristi Trusler

Cristi Trusler

Cristi Trusler is the founder of Trusler Legal PLLC and specializes in helping guiding families through divorce and other family law issues.

Click here to schedule some time to talk with Cristi about your situation.
Cristi Trusler

Latest posts by Cristi Trusler (see all)

Leave a Reply 0 comments

Leave a Reply: