How can I collect back child support?

The first step is filing a written complaint with the Child Support Division of the Texas Office of Attorney General. From there an attempt will be made by the state to locate the non custodial parent and collect the back support owed. If the situation requires further action, the state will then determine whether to do one or more of the following:

  • Garnish wages
  • Suspend and refuse to renew licenses such as driver's, fishing and hunting, and other professional licenses
  • Place liens on property and other assets
  • Withhold money from any refunds received for income taxes, and any other federally or state issued checks
  • Jail time

Go back to the Trusler Legal PLLC - Austin Child Support Experts home page.

Leave a Reply 0 comments

Leave a Reply: