How can I stop my divorce?

If your spouse wants a divorce, there isn’t much you can do to stop it – from a legal standpoint. In Texas, marriage is a contract that can be terminated by either party.

The most obvious thing for you to do might be to try and convince your spouse to go to marriage counseling. There’s no way for you to force them to do this if they don’t want to, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

However, if you have started your divorce proceedings and you and your spouse have both decided that you want to halt the proceedings, then you’ll need to “nonsuit” your divorce. The person that filed the Original Petition for Divorce will need to file a Motion to Nonsuit in the county in which you filed.

Leave a Reply 0 comments

Leave a Reply: